Students must register with a church group attending CHIC. Students are not allowed to attend CHIC without a same-sex adult chaperone identified. If you do not have a counselor available from your church, it is possible to match your students with counselors from another church group. If you need help connecting with another group attending CHIC, please contact your Conference or Regional Liaison.
A master copy of the student registration form is located in the information packet. Use the master copy to make photocopies to distribute to students and parents. You may also download a copy of the registration forms from the CHIC website at www.chic2009.org.
The CHIC Contact is responsible for collecting all student registration forms and verifying that each form is completely filled out and signed by both a parent/legal guardian and student. Incomplete student or group registration forms will be returned to the CHIC Contact. Your spaces will not be secured until all necessary forms are received and correctly filled out.
The University of Tennessee requires that all registration fees are paid with church checks. Individual registration fees should be made payable to your local church.
Student Age Eligibility Policy
High school students are eligible to attend CHIC if:
- They will complete grade 9, 10, 11, or 12 in the 2008-2009 school year, AND
- They will be at least 15 years old as of September 1, 2009
Fees and Deadlines
Early Bird registration is a great way to lower the cost of CHIC for students and secure their spot early (two very important things!). There are two ways to secure your registration at the Early Bird rate of $499:
Full Payment: The cost of Early Bird Registration is $499 and opens November 1, 2008. Payment in full must be postmarked by January 31, 2009. Students who pay the full Early Bird rate of $499 by January 31, 2009 will receive a free CHIC T-shirt.
Deposit Only: Securing your spots beginning November 1, 2008 with a nonrefundable deposit of $250 for each student. Your balance of $249 must be postmarked by May 8, 2009, or the Late Registration fee will apply
Full Payment: The cost of Regular Registration is $535 and opens February 1, 2009. Payment in full must be postmarked by May 8, 2009.
Deposit Only: Secure your spots beginning February 1, 2009 with a $250 deposit for each student. Your balance due of $285 per student must be postmarked by May 8, 2009 or the Late Registration Fee will apply.
If space is available, Late Registration is $575 and opens May 9, 2009. Payment in full must be postmarked by June 19, 2009.
The Evangelical Covenant Church is committed to making the CHIC experience accessible to everyone. In an effort to help make CHIC accessible, each church registering for CHIC will receive one free registration at the Early Bird rate of $499.
Each church registering will receive a credit in the amount of $500.
- The church can use this for either a student or an adult registration.
- The church will not receive a check or cash from CHIC— their account will be credited $500.
- If a church chooses not to use their free registration they can designate it for an ethnic or rural church, a neighboring church in need, or church plant of their choosing. If you do not know a church that you would like to gift your scholarship to please contact the CHIC Office.
- All scholarship gifting and receiving must be done through the CHIC Office. If your group wishes to gift or receive a scholarship please contact the CHIC Office at 1-800-910-CHIC (2442) or email@example.com.